Club: Brookville Country Club, 210 Chicken Valley Rd, Glen Head, NY
Job Description:The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the successful operation of the Golf Course Maintenance Department and Clubhouse Grounds Maintenance. The Superintendent works closely with the General Manager on capital improvement projects, as well as with the Head Golf Professional, to maximize the number of rounds of golf played by scheduling maintenance practices around Member play and outings to maximize efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides agronomic directions to maintain the golf course at the highest possible quality at all times according to Company standards.
• Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment through proper forecasting, expense controls and labor management.
• Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
• Supervise maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation and other mechanical watering systems.
• Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course, clubhouse and surrounding areas. Develop and implement a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
• Supervise course construction projects.
• Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
• Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
• Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
• Supervise road and roadside maintenance within the grounds including snow removal on property.
• Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
• Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
• Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, aeration, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
• Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
• Perform other duties as appropriate.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Superintendent, 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Head Mechanic, Foreman, Greenskeepers, and Irrigation Technician.
• Turf Degree (Associates or Bachelors in Turfgrass Management or related field of study)
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Must have or obtain New York State Pesticide Application License within 90 days of employment
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Minimum of three years in a management position on a golf course.
Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.