Operations: Rockland Country Club is a private 18-hole golf course located in the metropolitan area of New York City. Founded in 1906, we have a rich history and pay special attention to providing the best possible conditions on a daily basis by using the latest in turf grass research. We recently installed a state of the art Rainbird IC irrigation system, new cart paths. We are currently working with Architect John Harvey on developing and constructing a driving range with short game facility and a master plan to include rebuilding all of our bunkers. Rockland has been an environmental leader and has earned numerous awards. We are certified with Audubon International, a member of E-par, have earned the designation of a New York State environmental Leader by the DEC and are members of NABA and Monarch Watch.
- College degree in related field or Turf grass Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 years working on a reputable course or as a summer intern for 2 or more seasons.
- Must be able to obtain a NY Pesticide license.
- Computer skills with an understanding of Trims software is a plus.
- Chemical and fertilizer applications, daily course set up, operate and maintain irrigation system.
- An understanding of the Spanish language and playing golf would be helpful.
Compensation: Commensurate upon experience. Benefits: Dues to local and National Associations, expenses paid to national convention and local meetings, meals, health benefits, PTO time and golfing privileges. This is full time 12 month position.
Resume: Please email cover letters and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Availability: Looking to fill the position with qualified candidate by January 1, 2019, but will wait if candidate is graduating spring of 2019.